101 dating ideas

The good news is that you can always bring date nights back into your routine.

They don't have to just be for special occasions, either; in fact, you should definitely have date nights that are "just 'cuz." The key here is to establish a regular day for your date night -- whether it's on a weekly or monthly basis -- and stick to it.

You don't need anything more than your phone and each other!

Find a great roof in your neighborhood — maybe it's your own, maybe it's on top of a nearby building, maybe it's at a rooftop bar — and take in the view together. Sign up for a music class together and learn a new instrument.

Remember when you and your partner used to go on date nights?

It used to be so easy -- and now it all seems like a distant memory.

I would say that renting a canoe on a very cold evening at dusk, getting lost and then tipping over the canoe with our clothes on was our dumbest choice for a date. You can make your own list, but I'll help you get started.

Ten years later, though, it's fun to tell the story.

People say, "Variety is the spice of life," and we've sure tried a variety of dating experiences. I get them from friends or books, and I even brainstorm with students at some of my speaking engagements.

Take a cue from your childhood and play Mad Libs, using inside jokes that you know will have the other one in stitches.

For something a little less G-rated, try the adult version of the classic party game, available at the i Tunes store.

Survey the neighborhood with a self-made, bizarre questionnaire.

Looking for more ways to connect and get closer with your partner?

Leave a Reply