Adult personals calgary good motto for dating site

The new law is set out in the Adult Interdependent Relationships Act and has applied in Alberta since June 2003.The term living “common-law” is, however, still used in Canadian laws and there may be some differences from the Adult Interdependent Relationships Act (AIRA).You have no legal right to the property purchased by your partner just because you have lived together for a period of time.However, if you have contributed to the other person’s property, either directly or indirectly, you may have rights.For example, to qualify as “common law” for income tax purposes, there is a requirement that the parties reside together for only one (1) year.

Adult personals calgary-13Adult personals calgary-25

This topic discusses Common-law Relationships now called Cohabiting Relationships and Adult Interdependent Relationships.

Please note there is no requirement that you need to be aware that you are in an Adult Interdependent Relationship (AIR) or that you knew this legislation existed.

It is lawful to live in a Cohabiting and Adult Interdependent Relationship as long as both people are at least 18 years or over.

You should consult a lawyer if you believe that you have earned a right to the property that is in the sole name of your partner and you had a long term relationship.

Property that you purchased and registered jointly makes you both legal owners.

Leave a Reply